Shop Made Router Lift Demo

I built this router lift for about . In the video I said the carriage was constructed of 1/4″ plywood. I meant to say 1/2″. This lift works great! When you consider that you can spend hundreds of dollars on a factory lift, this is a solution that is worth considering.
Video Rating: 4 / 5

Incoming search terms:

• shop made router lift plans
  • router lift plans
  • homemade router lift plans
  • shop made router lift
  • shop built router lift
  • homemade router lift
  • router lift plans homemade
  • Shop-Made Router Lift Plans
  • router lifts plans
  • homemade overarm router

Related posts:

1. MOTORIZED ROUTER LIFT (retail) – best ...
  2. Woodworking Tools : About Woodworking Using a ...
  3. SuperShop – Overarm Router and Shaper
  4. Wood Routers : How to Make Router Templates
  5. Woodworking Shaper – Not a Router

Comments

1. woodentoolcompany says:

COOL! I love home-made wooden tools. visit my channel and have a look at my wooden monsters. Pocket-hole drilling is my thing right now.

2. davetpilot says:

@IrishWoodDoctor The new video has been published.

3. davetpilot says:

@IrishWoodDoctor It is 4 pieces of 3/4″ MDF glued up to form the router holder. I then cut a circle the same size as the router using a circle cutter on my drill press. Using a rasp and file, I made grooves to accommodate the protruding parts of the router motor. It is a threaded rod. I use two nuts on the top and jammed them together. On the bottom I used a coupling nut but a regular nut would work as well. You just need to secure it on the bottom so it doesn’t spin freely.

4. quinnsdad24 says:

firsts of all thanks davetpilot for the demo. I made one for my router. I ran a rod all the way through the mdf and glued and screwed a 1 1/2 piece of hardwood 6″ below the MDF. I used 1/2 threaded rod and put a washer and nut on both ends. I then tack welded the nut in place on top. This guy just saved me alot of money! THANK YOU!

5. IrishWoodDoctor says:

That looks sweet! just one question, is it just a plywood box with the treaded rod going down through it and then you have the nut on the top and bottom?

6. xxterribleone1899xx says:

Awesome!!!!! post parts list and design please!!! :)

7. davetpilot says:

Hey Guys, thank you for all of the great comments. I know the clicking is annoying. I didn’t know what was causing it when I made the video. Someone pointed out that it was probably the auto-focus on my camera. I have a better camera now and will make another video, sans clicking.

8. myfeeling4you says:

the clicking is very annoying, especially when you see nothing moving

9. Great idea,need a couple T-track slots on the table and you have the best and least expensive router table going. elfkeeper 55

10. jimconleyjr2 says:

Dude, Great router lift. I hope you don’t mind the rest of the world copying your design or at the very least imitating it.

11. AudiokraftOnline says:

What is that clicking sound? Great lift BTW. I’m gonna make something similar. Thanks!

12. Could you list a parts list?